Monday, December 31, 2007

Misty's iPod

I bought my wife an iPod several weeks ago.
I did it begrudgingly.
Everyone else seems to have one and for that reason I didn't want one.
But Misty is a great wife and she doesn't ask for much when it comes to electronics or trendy stuff. She primarily wanted it for worship music and since it could help her when she leads music for Children's church, we went forward and joined the world of iPod users.
At first I didn't use it very much. I downloaded some stuff for Misty and she used it and let Jasilyn use it.
And then I discovered podcasts. This discovery is about as important a turning point in my adult life as the day I learned to properly utilize hair gel.
Now I'm listening to Mark Driscoll and Matt Chandler while I do dishes. I'm nodding my head to Bob Coy and Andy Stanley while I take out the trash. I'm searching iTunes for every podcast that remotely seems interesting.
The more accurate first line of this post should be: "I bought myself an iPod several weeks ago."

No comments: