Friday, February 15, 2008

The Wedding

I had an awesome opportunity to help "officiate" a wedding last night. It was the first time I've ever done anything like that and it was a great experience. The bride has been a friend of ours for several years and she was even present at the birth of two of my children. The groom is a newer friend to us and thankfully was not present at the birth of any of my children.
Jasilyn was the flower girl and she wore a red dress. She was beautiful. She only dropped about six petals because she wanted to keep the rest in her basket. She still has the petals from a wedding back in August.
I learned a lot from this wedding and I'm thankful for my Pastor being so patient with my many questions. Its great to serve with someone who is not afraid to teach you and train you.
I was so nervous earlier in the day that I thought I was going to throw up, but I ate mexican food and felt much better.

No comments: