Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Peace

Anyone that knows me knows that I struggle with being a worrier.
This morning I found out that my daughter's school and many other area schools were on a lockdown status because someone with a gun was reportedly nearby. Normally I would have been worried sick (literally), but this morning when I heard that news I immediately felt a peace that surpassed my understanding and I knew that it was the kind of peace that only came from the Holy Spirit.
Thank you Lord for protecting my baby girl and for protecting the other boys and girls that innocently sat at their desks this morning. I don't understand how you work and I'm thankful that I don't understand you because a god that I could figure out would not be a God that could bring me the peace that you brought me this morning.

No comments: