Monday, February 18, 2008

Caffeine

The time has come for me to acknowledge my addiction to caffeine.
I hit main street at about 8:28 this morning, which left me about a minute to get coffee from my normal place and run up the street to my office by 8:30. I realized very quickly that my normal coffee place was closed so I made a quick decision to shoot up 5th street to the Starlight Cafe. It was 8:31 when I pulled into Starlight's parking lot, but it was worth it to be a few minutes late if I could get some decent coffee. I slogged through the mud to their side door and some pseudo bohemian wearing a hat that was cool when my dad was the mack of his 1950's neighborhood was leaning against the wall trying to tap into Starlight's wireless connection with his laptop. Pseudo bohemian was nice enough to inform me as I pulled on the door that the place was closed. I appreciate fully his willingness to tell me after I had walked through mud, past him and up the steps.
I slogged back through the mud, nodded at pseudo bohemian, climbed back into my car and headed back to my parking garage. Coffeeless.
As I rode the elevator up to my office I realized that the time has come to acknowledge my addiction to caffeine. So, I am acknowledging the problem. At some point I will actually do something about it...

No comments: