Monday, February 4, 2008

Mark Driscoll

Joe and I have spent the last several weeks watching Mark Driscoll's sermon series "Religion Saves and Nine Other Misconceptions". Each week, Mark tackles a tough question or topic and then at the end of the day he does a Q and A session. These sessions are amazing. My jaw hurts from dropping, laughing and yelling.
After preaching all day he stands in front of the church while people in his congregation text message questions to him. Of course the questions are screened, but they aren't softballs. The thing that makes the process even more interesting is the fact that it takes place around 9:00pm on a Sunday night. I think the fact that he is tired makes him more sincere and transparent. If you're looking for some straight forward teaching balanced with some gutsy stuff that you've most likely never heard from a church pulpit before, prepare yourself with some solid prayer time and then go to their website.
http://www.marshillchurch.org/

1 comment:

TTucker said...

Hey, Jason that's good stuff, I just said the other day that I should try texting my sermon's to the students.

Tommy