Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pocket Full Of Kryptonite

Several Sunday mornings ago we were all discussing Galatians in our Sunday School class and I thought I heard someone say the phrase "kryptonite soup". The speaker was a college student named Allen and when I questioned him, he vehemently denied using the phrase. I chalked it up to caffeine deprivation and moved on throughout the day.
That night, though, the phrase bobbed back up to the surface of my thinking and I have come to the conclusion that it will be the title of the book I will finally sit down to write.
Here is my concept in a nutshell. Superman would never consume soup made from Kryptonite. Its just as ludicrous for Christians to invite sin into our lives the way we do.
My sequel could be a rant against revolving our lives around television. I could call it "kryptonite coffee table". Of course I would have to break my tv addiction first...

No comments: