Monday, November 26, 2007

Running On Empty

I spent the last few days wrapping up my preparation for a new series I will be leading at my church on Wednesday nights and I'm excited about it.

Here is the ad I posted in our church bulletin, The Leaflet:

CrossOver Young Adult Ministry Presents An Original Discussion Series:
"Running On Empty: A Look At America's Empty Generation"
Empty Bank Accounts. Empty Homes. Empty Minds. Empty Hearts.
Low On Time. Low On Energy. Low on Love. Low on Trust. Low on Hope.
Join Us As We Take A Candid Look At The Way Too Many Young Adults
Live Our Lives With No Room For Error, No Room For Creativity, No Room For God.
Our Main Resources Will Be: God's Word and "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper.
Join us in Room 106 at 7:00pm Beginning Wednesday, November 28th.


Please pray for us as we go through this series and please pray for me as I try to lead the group in a way that pleases Jesus.

Some concepts that will be recurring themes in this series will be dying to ourselves daily and picking up our cross daily and living on daily bread.

If you live in the Lynchburg area we'd love to have you join us.

No comments: