Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Manly Coffee

I think coffee is manly. Some ladies would disagree I'm sure, but I'm not talking about lattes and mochas. I'm talking about straight up coffee and strong espresso not daintied down with caramel and whipped cream.
I like Americanos. I can feel my beard grow as I drink Americanos.
Last night I strayed and I feel the need to confess. I ordered a decaf. To make things worse it was a decaf breakfast blend, which is a mild blend to begin with. To take it further down the praline path, the barista served my decaf breakfast blend in what appeared to be a teacup.
I could list all of the reasons that I ordered decaf but even as my mind processes those reasons I feel my beard shrinking.
My friend Joe ordered a caramel macchiato and I started to feel manlier in comparison until the barista brought Joe's concoction over in a gigantic hunter green mug that resembled a soup bowl.
My teacup. His soup bowl.
I felt like I was going hunting with a pink shotgun.

No comments: