Friday, January 11, 2008

Snow in Iraq

My Yahoo! home page informed me that it snowed in Baghdad this morning.
At first it meant nothing to me but seeing the video of those Iraqi kids running around catching snowflakes on their tongues moved me. I realize that I have a bit of a hardened heart when it comes to thinking about foreign countries, especially ones where our soldiers have so recently faced death, but seeing those kids laughing and running around made me feel good about the fact that our country has played a role in bringing freedom to their country.
Cindy Sheehan may feel otherwise, but I feel quite confident that had we not removed Hussein from power, those same little girls that were catching snowflakes would have been looking at that snow as something that fell from the sky and instantly created mud that they had to fearfully avoid tracking into their homes. Freedom allows you to view blessings as blessings. Freedom puts a spring in your step and brings brightness to your eyes. Freedom lets you lift your face to the sky and make your tongue a landing strip for beautiful flakes of snow

No comments: