Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Clowns

I'm feeling very good about a Reuters article I read on Yahoo! this morning. It seems that a study has revealed that children don't like clowns. This article justifies feelings that I have suppressed and repressed for decades. No longer must I question my masculinity due to my inner shakings and quakings whenever one of those painted face menaces comes near me.
Here's a great quote from the article:
"We found that clowns are universally disliked by children. Some found them quite frightening and unknowable." (Reporting by Michael Holden; Editing by Steve Addison)
My son Noah disliked clowns until his big sister Jasilyn showed him how to get cool balloon hats from them. Jasilyn asked a question that sheds great light onto this subject. "Daddy?" Jasilyn asked, "Why would someone paint a smile on their face when all they have to do is really smile?"
Great question, Jasilyn. Great question.

No comments: